9.10.2012

Brownies I Can Feel Better About


A few weeks ago, I made some super yummy, super un-healthy brownies.  They tasted so good...but I didn't  feel so good about eating them myself, or about feeding them to others I love.

So Saturday night when Jas and I had another church function to attend (we Baptists like to eat together!) to which I needed to bring a dessert, I reached into my arsenal of favorite sweet stuff recipes...and knew immediately that I wanted to bring these Chocolate Chip Brownies.

Now these I don't feel (that) bad about serving to others:


I love brownies.  Have I mentioned that before?  Well, I do!

I found this recipe several months ago on one of my favorite sites.  I've made it many times since then when I needed a dessert for something special (I don't make dessert for just us...I know better!).

For the past several years whenever I needed a batch of brownies I would buy the Ghirardelli box mix - Double Chocolate flavor.  Yummy, and so easy. This Chocolate Chip Brownie had some stiff competition in order to be as easy to whip up, and taste-wise.

But I was very pleasantly surprised the first time I made them.  Boy, do they deliver!


Chocolate Chip Brownies  (original recipe here, I made a couple very small changes)

1 stick butter, melted
1 cup evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir the butter, cane juice and cocoa together.  Mix in egg and vanilla.  Stir in whole wheat flour and mix just until combined.  Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.  Pour into a greased 8x8 dish.  Bake for about 18-20 minutes.  

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! I'll be trying these soon!! Thanks for the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...