10.08.2014

Abigail is 3 Months Old

Our little miss is 3 months old now.

These are 3 of approximately 5 pics that exist of me with Abigail.  Daniel offered to take this yesterday,
on her 3-mo birthday, apparently aware of the dearth of pics!








One of my aunts asked a couple of days ago - upon not being able to get A's attention by calling her name - if she doesn't recognize her name yet.  Ummmm, probably not...given that about 95% of the time we call her "Sissy."  We really need to stop calling her that unless we want it to stick for life!







Her last doctor appointment was at 2 mos. old, and at that appointment she was 12 lb 6 oz...75th percentile for weight, and 85th percentile for height.  Given her birth parents' heights (5'11" and 6'3"), we are not surprised at all.  My 6'4" dad has high hopes that she'll be a good basketball player...but the children hope she'll be a "keeper" for soccer!


I am thoroughly enjoying having a chubby baby.  I was so worried about G's weight for so long, all these rolls and squishy is just delightful.  Makes for some interesting bath times, though: I've got to be real careful to get in all the cracks and crevices.  Her double chin likes to hide some milk....and that's not too pleasant.



Abigail has worked her way up to 7 oz bottles, and she normally takes 5 bottles a day.

But she has to squeeze all those bottles into a relatively short amount of time, because sissy is sleeping through the night like a champ.  She started sleeping through at 9 weeks.  But at that point she would still wake up to eat again at about 5 a.m. (which wasn't a problem, as that is what time Jas and I get up anyway)...but NOW- she sleeps until usually 8 a.m.   It. is. awesome.

She takes a couple of cat naps during the morning, but is awake quite a bit now.  Then she takes a good long (3-4 hour) nap in the afternoon. And another quick doze at about 7 p.m. or so.  Then she takes her last bottle at about 8 or 8:30 and is asleep for the night by 9 p.m.

Considering that it took G til he was 14 months old to sleep through the night, I do not take Abigail's sleeping schedule lightly or for granted....I am so thankful!



The "serious" pictures that we capture of A could be misleading....



...because Sissy really spends most of her time smiling.  Beaming, actually.






Who wouldn't smile, with so many adoring fans constantly surrounding you?




The children are so good with her.




Sissy helping Daniel with something in the school room



G is still very sweet with Abigail.  I'm hopeful it will stay that way for a while....at least until she starts trying to swipe his toys.




We don't ever leave him alone with her, though...because he is very curious about things - like her eyes - and pokes at them.




Lately, when Abigail has "tummy time", G runs to go get his blanket, and then he gets down there with her and wants us to spread the blanket over both of them.




Abigail is full of coos and purring and "talking" now.  And she seems ready to bust out laughing any day now.  Can't wait to hear that!


One cute thing that Sissy has been doing lately is playing with her own hair.



Maybe she is twirling her hair, but it looks more like pulling.  Gently, thankfully.




I can't blame her...I can't keep my fingers out of her hair either.  Whenever I feed Abigail, I spend the whole time playing with her curls.  They are so cute!  Noah calls them "sproing-y".  When stretched out, her hair is 2 inches long now.  


If the drooling... 


 ...and more drooling...



 ...and shoving everything. she. can. into her mouth....



 ...are any indication...Sissy has officially begun teething.

"Why can't they BOTH fit in there?!?"

In true Sissy-style, she has not been fussy at all.  The drooling and gnawing that commenced suddenly tipped us off.

BUT, amber to the rescue.  I've read for years that wearing an amber necklace/bracelet helps with inflammation (due to an acid in the amber that your skin absorbs).  A few days after we had noticed the drooling/gnawing, her amber showed up (I had already ordered it, knowing that teething couldn't be too far off).  A couple days into her wearing it, I realized that I could really tell a difference in her sleeping.  She slept noticeably longer during the night and then took a crazy-long nap in the morning...much longer than she had been doing.  I am pretty willing to try new/unusual tactics/remedies....but I'm always skeptical about them actually working.  But this amber has me believing!




I purchased this amber necklace specifically made to help a baby with teething (regarding the length, individually knotted, etc.) , but with all of Sissy's chins, it makes me nervous for her to wear it as a necklace.  So we've been wrapping it around her ankle and keeping it in place with her sock.




 I love all of the random movements and motions that babies make with their arms and legs.












 Love that look in the above picture.





So, Abigail is having a belly button issue. Jas has termed it her "belly knob" as button is totally misleading in this case.

You can see her belly knob poking out the front of her outfit in this pic.
The doctor is not the least bit concerned about this....which is encouraging.  She said that she has seen them as big as a fist (I didn't clarify if she meant an adult fist, or the baby's fist...but either way, WOW!)



 And Dr. D confidently pronounced that Abigail would end up with an "Innie."

Innie or outie - we love this sweet little girl to pieces...and we're so thankful to Him for bringing us all together!



1 comment:

  1. She's so deliciously fat! The sweetness. I've had two fatties and two string beans. I liked them both, but the fat ones are just so . . . squidgy. I love that. I called my #2 fatty "Schtinky" his entire first year because I could NOT keep up with the fat rolls in his neck. Sour milk. It was always so smelly. Heh. But back to Abigail: I just looooove the flowery head-bands. They are so great! She was made for them. What a plum. And great to get at least a couple mama/baby pictures, proof that you actually got to hold her too. :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...