11.23.2015

Miscellany Monday - November 23, 2015:

It was time for Lily Kay to have her subcutaneous implant changed out again.  




These implants stop the precocious puberty that started when LK was four, after she'd just arrived home and gotten started on her adrenal medicine.  (She received monthly, then quarterly, shots for a while...and then started with these implants when she was 5 years old.)

This is the fourth Supprelin implant she has had...and should be the final one, since LK is 9 and 3/4 now.  It will stay in there for a year, then will be removed...and then we will allow nature to take its course.  


Jas took the day off, and he took LK this time, since he'd never had the chance to do this with LK before.  After the implant, the two of them had a lunch date and did some other fun shopping (Dick's Sporting Goods!) while they were in The Big City.




LK did great, as usual.  This girl is such a trooper!



***********************************************


I like green bell peppers just fine.  I know how good they are for me, so I eat them.  


Gabriel, on the other hand?




He loves them!



I was cutting up two peppers to divide amongst our lunch plates, when he spotted half of a pepper.  (He would have ended up with less than that if I had been allowed to finish dividing them equally!)




He grabbed a half while squealing, "Oh, THIS is MINE!"




What a cutie!

Lately he has been trying to be pickier about some foods that he has always liked...so I am glad he still loves peppers!  (And some children who don't love bell peppers (ahem), were glad G got more than his fair share!)



***********************************


We (ok, Jas) is making headway on G and A's Christmas present.

We had some extra bead-board laying around, so Jas covered the back of the entertainment center with that.  So cute!




Next, he changed the hinges on the left door, so that the door now opens like a regular oven door:




Next up....scuffing up the finish (can't really "sand" laminate), so we can then prime and paint the "kitchen"!

Which means?  It is time for me to get involved (in more than just buying the fun accessories, that is).




************************************


After seeing some pictures on my FB Hair group that inspired me, I have now hit upon a new favorite hairstyle for Abigail! 


Isn't it so cute?



Yes, I think so too!





Know what I also think?  I need some photography lessons!





When I finally figured out those camera settings were NOT working in that situation....I changed them, and things got a little better:




But still not great:



I still need lessons.


Because that pretty girl?  Deserves better pictures!


**********************************************


Our great friends, The C Family, have gone and moved an hour away.  We are in mourning.


We loaded up and went and visited them.

I only took a few pictures, right as we were leaving, because Amy and I were busy talking our ever-loving heads off the entire time.


It is hard to get good pictures of a 1-year old, 3-year old, and 5-year old:







**************************************


We got to participate in a good old-fashioned Barn Raising on Saturday.


Except, well....there was no barn.





But I am pretty sure a barn couldn't be much bigger than this thing!

Our dear friends, the M Family, purchased a swing set/play structure.  Problem was it had been hanging out in their backyard for 6 months.  Dad had made some progress, but really wanted to get this thing knocked out.

Since Jas is so handy, and since we fully understand (BTDT!) what it is like to have projects hanging around (and around...and around) we wanted to help.




I am glad it was a "help"...because selfishly speaking, we just had a blast!






The children actually did help too, as much as they could.




Cathy and I talked (and talked)...and solved all the world's problems.  




This is the best "final" shot I got, because the kids didn't get to start playing until it was finished...and it was already dark!





And 11 hours after we pulled in, we pulled back out of their driveway.  We had such a wonderful day!
I honestly do not recall any fusses between any children...and Cathy and I still could have talked on and on.

Time sure flies when you are having fun with great friends.  We are so thankful for this sweet family that the Lord connected us with!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...