11.19.2015

Recent Funnies From The Kiddos

The kiddos have been killing it lately.  Killing **us**, I mean.



**************************


Noah said for years (and years) that he was not getting married when he grew up.  No way. No how.

Then, a couple years ago, he started relenting a little.  Recognizing that most people do in fact get married....he conceded that he may.  Just looking at the odds, I suppose.

But then he insisted for a long time that he would only marry a Chinese woman.  (Ok by me, we know lots of precious Chinese girls that will be women by the time he's ready to get married!)

But last week he mentioned something about his children being bi-racial.  Huh?

Me: "But I thought you were going to marry a Chinese woman."

Noah:  "I never said I definitely would (yes, he did, actually...but whatever).  I said I **may**.  But I will probably get a caucasian girl, because that is what we have here."

Ever the realist.


***************************

The children hearing me saying all the time how very smart their daddy is.  And they have seen quite enough evidence of their own by now also.  So I wasn't too surprised when LK and I had the conversation last week...although I thought it was very cute how it played out...

LK:  "I want a smart daddy when I grow up."

Me:  (giving her a strange look) "But you already have a smart daddy."

LK: "Wait, I mean: I want a smart husband when I grow up."

Me: "It is very nice having a smart husband."

LK:  "Yes, and he needs to not whine or complain, either."


*******************************


LK had some compound words on her spelling list, and one exercise had her dividing the words.

She did fine on the first few..."schoolhouse", "moonlight", etc.

And then next to "toothache" she had written:

toot     hache


I asked her to read me what she had written (not really sounding it out in my own head yet), so she would see that this didn't make sense and wasn't the correct answer.

She said, "Toot hatch."

I bust out laughing (while making sure she knew I wasn't laughing AT her, but that she had done something cute/funny, so she wouldn't get offended).  She took it the right way and has had fun laughing with us.

Because this?  Is our newest family joke...and we have used it quite a few times already.


***************************


Gabriel got a splinter recently.  I (and four big helpers) had a dickens of time trying to get it out, so we ended up leaving it for daddy to get out when he got home.  It literally took him less than 30 seconds to get the splinter out.

When Gabriel got another splinter just a few days later, he said, "I don't want you to take this out.  I love my little splinter!"

****************************


Gabriel loves our trampoline...but don't tell Him that it's called "trampoline." In his book it is a "Jumpoline."

****************************


At lunch, Gabriel held his index finger out to show me something... 
Me: "What is that Gabriel?"
G: "Lots of things are all booger-ed up in my nose!"  
I'll give you one guess as to what he was holding out to me.



********************************



Our littlest sissy is always cracking us UP! She just started this new thing, and we have no idea where she got it from...

When we say (and show), "Thumbs up!"....she immediately points her INDEX finger DOWN. Sometimes way down. We tried multiple times a few days ago to catch pictures of her doing it. 








Who needs cable or satellite TV when you have hilarious children?!?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...